Thursday, October 2, 2008

Think 19 Introduction To Social Bookmarking

I think tagging will be useful for exactly the reasons stated on the video from Commoncraft. My favorites are a mess. Often times I'll have something bookmarked at school and wish I had the bookmark at home. Each summer the tech dept comes in and ghosts our computers and unless we save our bookmarks somewhere else, all is lost. This will eliminate that...although I suppose they'll come in and remove the add ons that we add to our brower.

Negatives? not having one? Maybe that I don't know many people who use one? I've never actually heard about them prior to reading tonight so possibly people I know do use them. I'm going to have to ask my kids.

I did notice on on the Mozilla Firefox browser, however, that they have incorporated tags and recent bookmarks into our bookmark tab. So that is nice.

No comments: