Monday, August 18, 2008

The 5th Thing Motivational Poster


My creation
Originally uploaded by dougjmac

I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to make for this post. I checked out a lot of Big Huge Labs and decided on motivator because I think my kids can easily do this with my help. I think we could take pictures of our favorite things or activities in our school using a digital camera. the kids could write a short sentence stating why this was a favorite and add it to the picture. Because I have so many reluctant writers in my class this could be an easy, fun activity to use with them at the beginning of the year.

I have deleted this post and reposted it trying to make my picture bigger. I realized after posting the ref pic that I need to make them bigger.

I took this picture August 4th at Plimoth Plantation in Massachusetts. If you haven't visited, I highly recommend it. You can easily spend most of a day there. Beware of the gift shop...lots of books for teachers to use in their classroom. They do give a 10% teacher discount.

No comments: