Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thing 4 - flickr continued


My creation, originally uploaded by dougjmac.

I decided to go back in and make a baseball card because I came up with an idea for school that I'm going to try with my students. The special ed teacher next door is a whiz with her camera. Her pictures look professional. I approached her and asked if she'd like to have our classes make baseball cards with some back to school information on them. We decided to have the kids use first name only, age and birthday, how tall they are (a good measuring lesson) and their favorite part, place or subject in school. We'd take their pic with them doing their favorite thing and then they'd have to write a bit about why it's their favorite.

So last night I made my own...as you can see...and discovered that I can't just print the card out I have to send it to be printed and it costs a buck for a wallet size plus shipping. Drat! I don't suppose there's any way around that?

second thoughts Aug 26th....so last night my son told me how to print from Flikr without having to send away for the prints...and paying for them....bless his heart!

1 comment:

tszar said...

I love the picture; Norman is so handsome. I'd like to have him myself, but don't think he would like it in my small house.