Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thing 17 - More Web 2.0 Winners

I explored http://www.revolutionhealth.com/video/index your home for health and balance. I liked the layout of this site. I also liked that it has reputable sources listed for their references such as Mayo Clinic, The Cleveland Clinic, and Harvard Health Publications. I was able to quickly search out trigger finger, a condition I have just been diagnosed with, and read all about it. Everything listed on the site matched what my doctor had told me plus a bit more information.

There is a health recipe section. I browsed through severeal recipes and quickly noticed that the recipes do NOT list calorie count, grams of fat or fiber or sugar and salt. I am a label reader so I did not like to see these items missing.

There is a section to search for doctors, hospitals or dentis in your area. There are also blogs to check out. You can become a member and keep your health records on their site.

Overall, this seemed like a pretty good site. I would visit it again.

As for the question could I see any applications for its use in a library setting? Whose library? In my school, elementary, no not for students. It may be useful for teachers looking up lice or other childhood ailments that they might have to deal with during the course of a school year. In my library yes...the public library certainly.

No comments: